Company: Klein Tools
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Location: US-AR-Fort SmithAddress: 5721 S. Zero StreetID: 2
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has
been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality,
professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are
manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the
number one choice among professional electricians and other
The Manufacturing Technician will provide technical support in the
areas of manufacturing processes, process documentation,
manufacturing engineering, systems, procedures, equipment, tooling,
and facilities. Additional responsibilties will include:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company
and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine
safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing
- Provide technical support, direction and follow-up in the areas
of machine setup and troubleshooting, and programming, editing, and
testing of new or existing machine operating systems.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to analyze manufacturing
difficulties to determine root cause and define corrective actions
in support of on-going operational activities.
- Responsible for the training and development of other
manufacturing staff members, sufficient to meet established
- Provide leadership, direction, technical support, and
assistance to other manufacturing staff members.
- Provide technical support in the design, documentation, and
implementation of manufacturing processes for operating facilities
as required to improve process capability, reliability,
consistency, and throughout.
- Participate in the documentation of manufacturing processes and
setups. This includes the use of the current process and the
implementation of new processes and applications dedicated to the
management of these documents.
- Produce accurate and complete engineering drawings using CAD or
alternate methods as directed.
- Assist in the implementation of World-Class Principles (i.e.:
T.Q.M., Kanban, Demand Flow, and Cellular Manufacturing) to improve
customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years related work
experience or equivalent.
- Must possess advanced mechanical aptitude in a systems driven
- Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and
machine tool programming.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic
- Demonstrate proficiency and understand trigonometry.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint, Word) and CAD software.
- Ability to comprehend written (English) sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies
that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Fort Smith , Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!