Maintenance Worker 3 - Parks and Beaches
Company: Monroe County
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Join a workforce where innovation and teamwork provide support
to the community and citizens of Monroe County.
$44,941.28 - $69,658.98
The primary function of this position is to perform all related
repairs and/or maintenance to County parks, beaches, boat ramps and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes work order requests and develops a cost effective and
efficient plan in order to complete the job.
- Provides a list of materials with prices in order to obtain
purchase order and complete paperwork.
- Purchases materials with purchase orders and transports to job
- Checks and maintains tools and equipment periodically in order
to ensure proper operation and safety.
- Performs a variety of skilled and specialized repairs such as
plumbing repairs on landscape irrigation.
- Oversees contractual work.
- Assists with setting up use of parks, beaches and grounds for
- Completes appropriate paperwork in the performance of daily
- Keeps work area clean and organized and use safety cones and
signage when required.
- Attends required training and safety meetings and use
appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintains and repairs equipment and structures in playgrounds,
athletic courts, ball fields and beaches.
- Operates and maintains tools, machinery: tractors, lawn mowers,
trucks, golf carts and hand tools.
- Perform daily landscaping such as pruning trees, bushes and
- Perform athletic field preparation to include painting,
chalking, mowing and clay preparation.
- Perform maintenance inspections.
- Routinely maintain boat ramp surfaces and approaches including
inspections and disposal of trash and other debris.
- May act as lead over others that assist in performing
- Daily custodial tasks at all park and beach facilities
including litter pickup and bathroom maintenance, etc.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- In the event of special, emergency, or disaster situations,
employee may be required to work schedules other than those for
which they are regularly scheduled in any capacity deemed
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. 3 years minimum of prior related work
Valid Florida Driver's License. CDL preferred. Certified Playground
Inspector - preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work from a general outline of duties and
- Ability to make decisions that govern activities as well as
- Ability to work with less than ten co-workers who are mostly
engaged in the same activities.
- Knowledge of specialized turf maintenance to include aeration,
herbicide and pesticide applications.
The work is medium and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Additionally, the
following physical abilities are required:
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling
while walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or
erratically moving surfaces. The amount of balancing exceeds that
needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Handling: Picking, holding, or otherwise working, primarily
with the whole hand.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discrimination in sound.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Occurs to a
considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper
extremities and back muscles.
- Manual Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise
working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as
- Mental Acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound
logic and deductive processes.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken
instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
the waist. Occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion
of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word including those activities in which they must convey detailed
or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately,
loudly, or quickly.
- Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity
such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing;
viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires
sensitivity and responsiveness to changes that include goals,
priorities, and needs of the organization and position.
Monroe County has the right to revise this job description at any
time. This description does not represent in any way a contract of
Equal Opportunity Employer: Monroe County does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age,
disability, or military service in employment or the provision of
Empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades: El Condado de Monroe no
discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, gnero,
religin, edad, discapacidad o servicio militar en el empleo o la
prestacin de servicios.
Veterans Preference according to Florida State Statute 295.07:
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family
members of the servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and
priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for
the positions being filled.
Preferencia de Veteranos de acuerdo con el Estatuto del Estado de
Florida 295.07: Ciertos miembros del servicio y veteranos, y los
cnyuges y familiares de los miembros del servicio y veteranos,
reciben preferencia y prioridad en el empleo por parte del estado y
se les alienta a solicitar los puestos que se estn llenando.
Keywords: Monroe County, Fort Smith , Maintenance Worker 3 - Parks and Beaches, Professions , Parks, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!