Company: JLM Strategic Talent Partners
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: February 12, 2024
WHO IS JLM STRATEGIC TALENT PARTNERS & WHAT IS OUR ROLE
We partner with National & International prime contractors to
provide them with qualified talent they can trust.
We accomplish this by sourcing & vetting high level career seeking
candidates in the industry and match them with our partners current
open roles. Our objective is to help our general contractor
partners build out project teams for high level infrastructure
projects across the US.
We aspire to partner with candidates who are eager to learn, grow,
and progress in their career path while deepening their knowledge
in their given field.
We deeply value our partnerships and place great emphasis on
maintaining strong relationships and long term hires.This is
reflective in our competitive offerings to our hires including:
- Ongoing HR support
- Competitive benefits packages including- Health, Dental, Vision
& Life insurance
- Our very own JLM Rewards incentive program
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of previous
administrative experience in engineering and/or civil construction
- They thrive in a fast paced and a team oriented
- They get excited about construction projects as well as
completing assignments on time.
- An individual who will do well in this position is self
oriented, organized, a great communicator, and approachable.
- Comfortable working within a team environment at the project
site in Phoenix.
- This is a staff position reporting to a Lead Estimator.
- Estimating functions and associated workflows in a team
- Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents
(specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop
detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for heavy civil construction
- Also able to make assumptions based on experience with detailed
plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based
on conceptual level designs.
- Able to perform accurate quantity takeoffs for earthwork,
concrete work, and underground piping and drainage.
- Identifying bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along
with quantities and pricing
- Ensuring estimates and proposals are performed in accordance
with company practices and standards. Participating in estimate
reviews and presentations to estimate lead and department
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and
suppliers throughout the pre-bid process, including solicitation of
bids and constructability input.
- Manage comparisons between self-perform estimates and
- Ability to Analyze Subcontractor and Material Quotes for
responsiveness to the Estimate and Project requirements.
- Prequalification and Proposal assistance functions.
- Preparing value engineering solutions; including cost,
schedule, and Owner benefits.
- Preparing responses to Request for Qualifications and Request
- Providing rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates and phasing
PERKS OF JOINING JLM
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as benefits
including Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, Life, and Paid Time
Compensation: $40.00 - $65.00 per hour
JLM is a DBE-accredited agency specializing in finding world-class
talent and managing infrastructure project staffing needs.
As the industry leader in staffing for architecture, engineering,
and construction projects, JLM has 18,500+ pre-vetted,
highly-skilled, and available people ready to power your project
within 7 days.
Keywords: JLM Strategic Talent Partners, Fort Smith , Construction Estimator, Professions , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!