Heavy Equipment Shop Technician
Company: Riggs CAT
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Riggs CATDescription:The Shop Technician is responsible for
providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to
respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner
and to ensure maximum value for work performed.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete assigned jobs and tasks to meet flat rate times and
- Work safely and follow all Riggs safety policies and
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to
complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web,
BMTS) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components,
and test and adjust assemblies. with minimal supervision.
- Complete all assigned training in a timely and proficient
manner.Requirements:WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Requires general knowledge of engines, electrical, electronic,
hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision
measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and
cranes and rigging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate
information to management for quoting.
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to
perform all assigned duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training.
- Clean driving record and the ability to obtain CDL within 90
days of hire for field assignment
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field
- Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and/or man
- May be required to complete DOT physical
- May require MSHA certification
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work,
required overtime and on-call.IMPORTANT INFORMATION While
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk
or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. The employee is routinely lifting up
to 20 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.The employee
is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or
caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme
heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical
shock and vibration. The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Required travel up to 20%. The Job
description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of
the employer and requirements of the job change. EEO/AANon-Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)PM20PI207208280
Keywords: Riggs CAT, Fort Smith , Heavy Equipment Shop Technician, Professions , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...