Production Associate - 1st Shift
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Butterball, LLC, one of America's most iconic brands, helps
consumers celebrate Thanksgiving and every day in between. Located
in the thriving Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area, our goal is to
provide a diverse array of career opportunities and paths which
include our farms, processing facilities and support offices. We
are the largest producer of turkey products in the U.S., and we
make a lot more than Thanksgiving turkeys. Our company's measurable
growth is in no small part due to our team members in North
Carolina, Arkansas, Illinois, and Missouri, who each have a seat at
the table to contribute to our success
$2,000 Welcome Bonus
Increased Pay Rates!!
All production jobs on day shift start at $15.90 and increase to
$17.40 after 90 days.
* $2,000 Referral bonus - have your friends and family join you at
Butterball and make even more!
* Opportunity for OT at 1.5X your base rate - overtime kicks in
each week after working 40 hours.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and other benefits
available after your start-up period.
* Company paid vacation and holidays.
* Tuition reimbursement.
* Career development and growth opportunities at an expanding
The general laborer position is responsible for performing tasks on
recently-slaughtered turkeys or tasks that support the overall
operations within the department.
Applicants for the Production Associate job may be offered a
position in any of the following departments:
Evisceration - Shift Start Time approximately 6:00 AM. Evisceration
Production Associates perform tasks to clean and eviscerate (remove
the organs of) recently-slaughtered turkeys to prepare for
additional processing and packaging. Essential duties include:
perform varying manual, repetitive tasks to remove organs and parts
from slaughtered turkeys; perform repetitive tasks with assistance
of tools, such as knives and scissors, to remove organs and parts
from slaughtered turkeys; train to proficiency to rotate through
jobs and perform multiple tasks within the department; perform any
job in the department at the supervisor's discretion. Assigned job
duties may change and vary day-to-day depending upon production
Packaging - Shift Start Time approximately 8:00 AM. The general
laborer position is responsible for performing tasks on chilled raw
turkeys or tasks that support the overall operations within the
department. Essential duties include: perform various tasks to
include repetitive manual labor to package chilled raw turkeys in
preparation for shipment to customers. Other jobs may include
repetitive manual labor to sort, box, label, and palletize packaged
raw turkeys in preparation for shipment to customers. Some jobs are
performed with the assistance of tools or automated equipment while
other jobs are performed by hand. Some jobs are required to
complete HACCP and other checks and record appropriately. Observes
equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any
malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns. Will be required to
rotate to various functions within the processing department and
perform any job in the department at the supervisor's discretion.
Assigned job duties may change and vary day-to-day depending upon
Working conditions vary by department but may include:
* May work in damp, cold, hot, and warm environments.
* Exposure to raw meat and associated parts, including but not
limited to organs, blood, and feces
* Work with loud and noisy machinery
* Work with or around chemicals/fumes/pungent odors
* Mandatory overtime or weekend work
* There is mandatory seasonal work for approximately 5 to 6 weeks
during the months of October and November, which includes working 7
days per week
* Standing (8 hours a day or more).
* Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling (up to and including 65lbs
* Reaching overhead (up to and including 25lbs).
* Operating hand held and/or mechanical machinery.
* Walking/climbing stairs. Gripping, grasping, and twisting using
hands and wrists.
* Bending and stooping for long periods of time.
* Working with scissors or knives.
* Bending and stooping for long periods of time.
* Ability to wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) and
hygiene equipment, including but not limited to steel mesh guards,
bump cap/hard hat, steel-toed footwear, hearing protection, smock,
* No minimum education requirement
* No previous work experience required
* Must be at least eighteen (18) years old
* Must be eligible to work legally in the United States
* PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE FACILITY OR HR FOR AN UPDATE ON YOUR
APPLICATION AS WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ONE DUE TO THE VOLUME OF
APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU
WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY HUMAN RESOURCES*
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of
Butterball's Drug/Alcohol Screening & Testing Policy. Details will
be provided to individuals who receive a conditional job offer, or
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so
classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract
for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
employer. Butterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race,
religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability,
military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status,
pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. This position is
deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of Butterball's Drug/Alcohol
Screening & Testing Policy. Details will be provided to individuals
who receive a conditional job offer, or upon request.
Keywords: Butterball, Fort Smith , Production Associate - 1st Shift, Professions , Ozark, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!