Director, Plant Operations - Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process.
Director, Plant Operations - Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital - Fort
Smith, AR Fort Smith, Arkansas
Director, Plant Operations Mercy Health Rehabilitation Hospital -
Fort Smith, AR Kindred Healthcare is excited to announce our newest
Joint Venture Partnership with Mercy Health at Mercy Rehabilitation
Hospital in Fort Smith, AR! This will be a brand new hospital with
50 private rooms. Recently celebrating our groundbreaking, the
anticipated opening will be 2 nd --quarter of 2021.--Kindred will
manage day-to-day operations of Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort
Smith. The new hospital will care for adults recovering from
conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the
brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries.
Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehab hospitals in Oklahoma
City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri. With more than 20
standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a
dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a
partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation
and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both
clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation
management and services expertise that benefits our partners as
well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to
recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions,
including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic
injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.-- As the
Director of Plant Operations, you will be:
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or completing
all activities of the Plant Operations Department which are
necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical,
electrical systems, utility systems and grounds of the hospital in
an operative and safe working condition. Responsible for
maintaining performance improvement activities within the Plant
Operations Department and ensuring Joint Commission preparedness to
comply with Environment of Care and Life Safety requirements. Also
oversees the Environmental Services Department. ESSENTIAL
- Develops and recommends departmental policies and
- Develops programs to ensure departmental effectiveness.
- Monitors existing policies, procedures and programs for
- Develops, implements, administers and modifies programs to
maintain the physical plant, grounds, and equipment of the hospital
through effective utilization of personnel and materials.
- Maintains required documentation for state, federal and other
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors status of
special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Assures complete and proper logging of files and records and
required cost computation of time spent, materials and supplies
used for each completed requisition or work order.
- Inspects building and grounds to ensure conformance with
established standards and regulations.
- Establishes preventive maintenance schedules and prioritizes
repair and maintenance work to minimize disruption of hospital
- Directs and maintains plant engineering functions of the
hospital. Develops systems to control the efficient and effective
use of all utilities.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the functions and
activities of facilities management and engineering, loss
prevention management and telecommunications.
- Assigns individual tasks, requisitions, supplies and equipment
and oversees training.
- Plans for and oversees major repairs, renovations, and new
construction. Serves as the liaison between hospital and contractor
during construction phasing and implementation.
- Interprets blueprints, works from sketches or verbal
- Develops budget for the unit and allocates funds within budget
limit to accomplish objectives. Monitors variance against budget on
an ongoing basis.
- Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as
requested. Attends and serves on professional/civic organizations
as hospital representative.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports.
Prepares periodic reports for management, as required.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest
trends in field of expertise.
- Develops, implements and monitors the hospital wide safety
- Is strategically involved in safety education and continuing
education of all employees and training.
- Works closely with each facility department in safety
management and development of departmental safety programs.
- Updates and maintains accurate safety management policies and
procedures for the hospital.
- Has operational involvement in environmental rounding.
- Compiles and is involved in gathering and reporting accident
and incident information.
- Prepares reports of hospital safety management activities to
the Quality Council.
- Acts as the Safety Officer with the responsibility to act in
the event of emergency and to disseminate whatever action needed to
effect immediate corrections for life threatening conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or 3
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Knowledge of utility systems management.
- Experience in hospital operations and Joint Commission
preparedness highly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
- Basic computer knowledge. What is your favorite Kindred Core 6
value and how have you seen it at work? 0:58 My favorite core value
is create fun in what you do. The people I work w--- Bonita
Infection Preventionist / Employee Health Nurse Benefits &
Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and
incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and
motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include
bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond. Healthcare We
offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan
options. 401(k) Plan Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars
through payroll deduction. Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is
important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off
program. Wellness Program We offer tools, resources and support for
weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall
healthier choices. Community Community involvement is consistent
with our company's principles and with our mission of customer
service and quality care. You have high standards. So do we. Find
your future with Kindred, the country's largest provider of
post-acute care. A career here will allow you to learn, thrive and
grow in a positive and supportive environment where your input
matters. Join us and see all that you can accomplish when you
combine your talent, skills and dedication with a highly successful
and compassionate healthcare leader. Get the latest job openings
based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters Share some preliminary info about
yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Fort Smith , Director, Plant Operations - Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, Professions , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!