Heavy Haul Driver
Company: Riggs CAT
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: September 8, 2020
Riggs CATDescription: The Heavy Haul Driver is responsible for
driving truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport
materials to and from specified destinations.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Haul Class I though Class III materials.
- Load and unload truck, ensuring that all cargo is secure.
- Inspect all aspects of truck equipment such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Must be able to operate all CAT equipment.
- Prepare receipts for load pickup.
- Maintain truck log, according to state and federal
- Will work with customers and vendors frequently, must be able
to follow directions.. Requirements: WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one
(1) year certificate from college or technical school; One year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must have a CDL driver's license and clear driving record.
- Ability to work effectively with tools and equipment.
- Must be able to make accurate independent decisions, perform
duties and make judgments in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, short
correspondences and memos.
- Ability to effectively apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions.IMPORTANT INFORMATIONMust be able to pass work related
pre-employment physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.Must be flexible
in work schedule.Required travel up to 100%.Will be required to
drive for extended periods of time.The job description is subject
to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.EEO/AANon-Exempt; HourlyEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)PM20
Keywords: Riggs CAT, Fort Smith , Heavy Haul Driver, Professions , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!