Continuous Improvement Internship
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: November 22, 2022
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives.
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water
heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just
the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a
more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires
a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support
experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join
Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact
The Continuous Improvement Intern will be tasked with the
responsibility of redesigning material delivery and assembly
processes utilizing Rheem Production System principles in order to
maximize efficiency. Our focus is in manufacturing, but in this
role, we have the unique opportunity to impact every aspect of the
business. Continuous Improvement co-ops who participate in our
program gain invaluable experience that can place them way ahead of
the game in their future job search.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith,
Arkansas. The hours of this internship are flexible, with estimated
(up to) 20 hours of work per week during core business hours of
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, as class schedule allows up. This is
a part time position, while being enrolled in school (NOT
summer-only). This position requires someone to be in the Fort
Smith, AR area during the school year. This posiition pays up to
What You'll Do
- Contribute to Waste Identification in Manufacturing
- Participation on Structured Kaizen Events
- Standardized Work Improvements Across Multiple manufacturing
- Operator Station Layout development and Implementation
- Part Presentation Flow Rack Design and Implementation
- Provide support in problem solving activities (JDI, Quick Hit
teams, PAB issues, etc.)
- Participate and develop line balances for new product designs
and/or potential line rate changes
- Participate and develop manifest systems for single cell areas
and potentially full manufacturing line
- Construct Time Studies on existing product
- Potentially support the development of a small/large scale
material delivery system.
- Help construct PFEP (Plan for Every Part) documentation
- Participate/Lead small cell layouts using RPS (Rheem Production
System) principles and philosophies as required
- Contribute to day-to-day process engineering related
- Provide support on custom fixture design, build, and
- Provide support on Factory Master Plan projects as
- Other duties as assigned.Job Qualifications
What You Need
- Student in an approved undergraduate engineering program with a
minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Basic computer skills (PowerPoint and Microsoft
- AutoCAD Experience (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team oriented development
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be self-motivated.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all
qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may
supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire
candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii,
Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota,
South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed
Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any
referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Rheem ACD - Fort Smith (AR)
Air Conditioning Division
Mar 16, 2022, 9:58:58 AM
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Fort Smith , Continuous Improvement Internship, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!