Medical Records Clerk
Company: Valley Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ABOUT VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Valley Behavioral Health offers
the highest quality treatment in the area. Our sub-acute inpatient,
inpatient, and outpatient programs for men, women, and children
provides a safe structure where individuals can focus on healing
themselves and working though their issues. All of our patients
receive an individualized treatment plan that meets their needs and
ensures long lasting recovery. Our goal is to provide individuals
the tools and knowledge they need to live a happy, healthy life.
YOUR JOB AS AN MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK: As a Medical Records Clerk
you will perform clerical duties associated with obtaining,
completing and maintaining a patient medical records. AVAILABLE
SHIFTS AND HOURS: We have daily shifts that allow our employees to
have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the
facility. Shift hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m., allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK:
- Sort, file and collate a variety of medical records and
information such as progress notes, treatment plans,
nursing/clinical notes and discharge summaries into the patient's
- Create medical record files.
- Ensure medical records are complete, accurate and timely.
- Research lost or missing records/information in accordance with
- Answer requests for medical records from outside agencies and
- May communicate with transcriptionist or transcription vendor
to resolve issues/errors regarding reports.
- Assist designated staff in locating records in the medical
- Maintain accurate logs, card files, statistics and information
release forms for providing medical record information.
- Ensure medical record is complete prior to filing/re-filing and
accurately update log.
- Perform medical record audits.
BENEFITS: In addition to working for
a premier treatment center with competitive pay, our employees
enjoy these other great benefits:
- Three medical plan levels, dental and vision insurance
- HSA with Company contribution
- FSA, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Discount Program
- Generous PTO, Sick Time, paid holidays and professional
development reimbursement EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in quantitative medical record reviews
- Previous Behavioral Health Experience preferred.
Keywords: Valley Behavioral Health, Fort Smith , Medical Records Clerk, Other , Barling, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!