Sleever 3rd shift
Company: ABB Group
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Sleever 3rd shiftTake your next career step at ABB with a global
team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry
to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have
the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all
dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations.
Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of
us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates
individual differences.Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.25Shift Premium:
$.20 for 2nd shift & $.30 3rd shift(based on a progression pay
scale)**Eligible for $1,000 Sign-on Bonus after 60 days Your
- Job Description:
- --- The role functions as a member of an area team that is
directly responsible for efficient productions of quality products
in the required quantities.
- --- Use Shop Floor Display, read and comprehend: Special
Instructions, TDRs, Manufacturing Instructions, and all diagrams
related to task.
- --- Install Sleeving insulation on copper wires on electric
- --- Use of flex flow and day and rank system
- --- Must be able to comprehend all work instructions.
- --- Meet specifications, produce a quality product, work defect
free work and meet production goals
- --- Identify and order appropriate supplies, parts, and tools
- --- Use various hand tools
- --- Production operators to train and/or perform the tasks of
the other associates in the area as needed.
- --- Identify materials used at their workstation and as
required by the job, process necessary material transactions.
- --- Communicate with other operators and supervisor to discuss
- --- Support other functions within the department.
- --- Must be able to work with others in a team environment
- --- Willing to cross train on other position within the
- --- Place safety in the workplace above all else and follow
safety guidelines along with reporting safety issues.
- --- Daily housekeeping.
- --- Work overtime and other duties as needed.
- --- Cross train on other position within the connecting
- Your background
- Education and Experience Needed:
- --- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- --- 6 months of Industrial type experience or military service
or in lieu of industrial experience will consider vocational/
technical high school and technical college courses or 3 months
previous motor manufacturing experience.
- --- Motor manufacturing experience preferred.
- --- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit
them to work in the United States.
- Specialized skills or other requirements:
- --- Steady work history
- --- Reliable transportation to and from work
- --- Adaptable to change and ability to cross-train
- --- Detailed oriented
- --- Must be able to work any shift
- --- Ability to use a hoist
- Physical Demands:
- --- Able to push motors on a conveyor line using 15 lbs of
initial force to move it
- --- Repetitive pushing and pulling on wires.
- --- Understand and use all required Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) Eye Protection with side shields
- --- Repetitive reaching, bending, grasping and twisting
- --- Must be able to work around brazing odors
- --- Able to work 40hrs a week and required overtime
- --- Ability to think independently while successfully
functioning in a team environment
- --- Able to perform task in a manufacturing environment
- --- Standing on concrete floor for 8 hours or more a day
- More about usWe look forward to receiving your application. If
you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our
website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family
medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more
information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please
visit the following
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Fort Smith , Sleever 3rd shift, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!