Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of
something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to
them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an
exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering
an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people
are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist, you
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and
develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable
objectives. Administer and interpret diagnostic and
prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other
settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team
members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in
accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength,
coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent
with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines
of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to
develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with
the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician,
rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning
activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in
meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client
in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological
adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients
to improve residence or working environments or improve their
participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the
retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and
hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates
Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in
implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations,
interventions and evaluation on the day services are
rendered. Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from
the physician are accurately documented and implemented.
Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the
supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months occupational therapy experience
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at
(toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our
Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career
with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Fort Smith , Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN, Other , Waldron, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!