Company: Trane Technologies
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: September 11, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This HVAC Application Engineer is responsible for
creation of custom Air-Handling Unit job submittals based on
customer order specifications, project schedule and job
Core Job Responsibilities: (others may be
- Review quotations to verify they meet project requirements with
appropriate clarifications/ exceptions.
- Identify special purchased components, select fans, coils,
motors, etc. and request quotes.
- Create submittal packages with the level of detail required by
the specific customer. Direct consultation with the customer
may be required.
- Deliver on-time submittal packages and coordinate receipt of
approved submittals with the Trane Sales Office.
- Provide feedback to TOPSS team on product selection program
- Identify job specific cost reduction opportunities.
- Review submittals created by others for accuracy.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency and quality
- Prepare bill of materials for equipment procurement.
- Provide support to production of managed products.
Support includes design drawing checks, quality audit checks, and
basic problem solving/issue resolution.
- Provide direction and support of custom air handling unit
factory tests as well as assist in support of customer visit
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at 3 years of HVAC or
engineering experience is required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA is desirable.
- Proficiency in AutoCad is required.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Visio, and
- Experience with application of various components used within
HVAC systems such as coils, filters, dampers, motors, and
- Organization and project management skills to handle several
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a high energy level and career
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Fort Smith , Application Engineer, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!