Company: Stryten Manufacturing
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Stryten Manufacturing is looking to hire Production workers for
our facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas. You could be working to
manufacture lead acid batteries in any of these areas noted below.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
Positions open on 1st or 2nd shift!
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin
your pre-screening process!
- Have alloys checked and staged for melting pot
- Set up casting machines
- Perform quality checks, looking for things like missing
members, flash, and cracks
- Have forklift move to full pallets to storage for curing
organized for production schedule
- Set up pasting machine
- Perform quality checks
- Feed plates and / or moves stacks across rollers with minimal
handling to drying rack
- Have forklift move to full drying racks to steam huts for
- Move cured plates to storagearea organized for production
- Assembles batteries from components staged on line, may involve
duties like loading, burning, sealing, testing or stacking
Charge & Cycle
- Jars are filled with required amount of acid allowing plates to
- Connect bank of batteries together
- Initiate battery charging
- Work batteries through charge and discharge cycles to
- Test batteries for finishing
- Wash batteries for finishing
Finish & Pack
- Configures batteries based on order and / or standard operating
- Prepares the batteries for shipment, including such duties as
crating, strapping packing additional parts based on order and / or
- Boxing up parts for specific batteries depending on upcoming
orders and SOP
- May involve loading trucks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of manufacturing experience, preference
given to experience with batteries and / or mechanical
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, customer and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Prefer the ability to define problems and draw valid
conclusions to help determine the work that needs to be
- Prefer an understanding of basic electricity/electronics in
order to troubleshoot problems
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an
applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
is a leading provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the
Transportation and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Alpharetta,
Georgia, the company operates transportation plants in Salina,
Kansas, Manchester, Iowa and industrial facilities in Ft. Smith,
Arkansas, Kansas City, Kansas, and Charlottesville, Virginia. Its
manufacturing plants are located Kansas City, Missouri, and
Lampeter, Pennsylvania. These locations produce a comprehensive
portfolio of battery and energy storage systems and specialty
applications for the Transportation, Network Power and Motive Power
markets. Also served are industries such as agricultural,
automotive, heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military,
mining, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and
uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others.
Keywords: Stryten Manufacturing, Fort Smith , Batcher, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!