Site Safety and Health Officer
Company: Olgoonik Development, LLC
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA
Olgoonik Specialty Contractors, LLC, is a general construction
company specializing in facilities construction, renovation, and
repair. This position is in support of the U.S Corps of Engineers
facilities in and around Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Performs safety and occupational health management,
surveillance, inspections and safety enforcement at various project
- Develops and maintains the Project Safety Plan and Accident
- Conducts safety training and meetings as required and
- Maintains and administers the company's safety plan and ensure
safe field practices.
- Creates Activity Hazard Analyses prior to each activity or
definable feature of work.
- Directs contractor personnel relative to safety issues or
- Procures and distributes safety gear for Olgoonik's
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this
Education and/or Experience:
- Possess 5 years' experience as a site construction safety
manager/officer on projects of similar scope.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the latest edition of the
EM385-1-1 (Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements
- Corps of Engineers IDIQ construction experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-10 years related construction experience
- Qualified/cognizant to anticipate, identify, evaluate, and
implement corrective action through activity/worker hazard
analysis, worker training, proactive oversight of construction
operations to abate or reduce potential safety and health hazards
and dangerous environmental exposures.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a
member of a Team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work
effectively under a minimum of supervision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possession of a Construction Health and Safety Technician
(CHST) certificate from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
or be able to obtain the CHST within 6 months.
- 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety Class or equivalent within the
last 5 years is required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands
and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds.
- General office environment. Some travel both domestically and
internationally required based on business demands.
Keywords: Olgoonik Development, LLC, Fort Smith , Site Safety and Health Officer, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!