Job Title: Geotechnical Lead
Reporting to: UK Managing Director
Hours: 40 hours per week
Dr. Sauer & Partners is a leading underground specialist with a
passion for perfection, a dedication to quality and a commitment to
innovation. Our company ethos and objectives are to continuously
discover better ways of solving a project's most technical issues
and we look for individuals who can work efficiently across our
teams to deliver technical excellence to our clients.
Purpose of the role:
The Principal Geotechnical Lead is a newly created role
identified in response to recent project wins in this area and
through the need to diversify and expand our current geotechnical
portfolio in the UK. As well as providing technical solutions and
leading a team, the role will be focused on generating new business
across multiple sectors with the support of our senior management
team. Dr. Sauer & Partners has a reputation for delivering
efficient, innovative and practical underground designs and this is
a great opportunity for personal growth and development within a
successful specialist company.
Responsibilities and duties:
We are looking for an individual with the motivation and
enthusiasm to enable us to diversify and grow our current
geotechnical business in the UK. The successful applicant will be
an experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer with a degree in
civil engineering and a post graduate qualification in a
geotechnical subject. The role will cover design of temporary and
permanent designs. In addition to providing specialist technical
solutions across our current client base, candidates should also
have the passion and ability to help us develop our geotechnical
capability by expanding our client portfolio through business
development and networking across a broad spectrum of sectors in
the UK. Candidates should have a clear understanding of the current
and future market and business conditions, revenue and profit
potential, major clients and competitors in the UK geotechnical
The principal duties are:
- Business development activities to develop and foster
opportunities identified through client contacts.
- Assist in developing and implementing client marketing
strategies to enable optimum market penetration of the sector.
- Delivering current projects within timescales, budget
constraints and quality expectations.
- Working to agreed cost proposals by planning resources and
project work programme.
- Assessing staffing requirements at each stage of the
- Stakeholder liaison with clients and third parties.
- Lead and participate in and embrace Dr.Sauer & Partners quality
control procedures such as ISO 9001:2015 and the Quality Management
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in civil engineering and a post graduate qualification
in a geotechnical subject.
- In-depth knowledge of finite element modelling and analysis
such as PLAXIS2D/3D.
- Experience in general numerical software.
- Proven and demonstrable project and team management on UK
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations in a design and ground
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to
develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Strong commercial track record in negotiating, tendering and
Training and Development:
Dr. Sauer & Partners values the professional career development
of our staff members and we aim to provide them with the technical
and managerial expertise they will require throughout their career.
Our training and development package includes ongoing on the job
mentoring, support throughout professional chartership, attendance
of technical conferences as well as bespoke training courses and
overseas work opportunities.
Please submit your application and resume to our office in
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our