Company: PGT Trucking
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join a fast-paced and energetic workplace where you can build a
With more than 40 years of transportation experience, PGT
Trucking Inc. is a leader in flatbed shipping solutions with the
best drivers, mechanics and office talent in the industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, there are a
few things you should know:
- You will have PURPOSE. Transportation and logistics are
critical to the economy, to commerce and to society; and every
person working in the supply chain plays a vital role.
- You will GROW. Your job will expose you to areas outside of
your comfort zone, like economics, mathematics, technology,
international law and customer relations. PGT offers in-house
training programs and supports education to evolve your role.
- You will be CHALLENGED. No two days are the same in the
transportation industry, and the dynamic nature of the work makes
for a challenging and fulfilling career.
Did we spark your interest? Read on and learn more about this
How YOU Will Make an Impact
- Analyzes available loads to prioritize coverage and to
determine which loads will contribute to a driver's total revenue
- Secures, organizes and assigns loads to drivers in manner
designed to maximize efficiency and quality of performance. Gives
appropriate routing directions and scheduling instructions for
pick-ups and deliveries, as needed. Advises terminals and customer
service of scheduling problems (pick-up and delivery).
- Attempts to maintain drivers in profitable and efficient lanes,
thereby avoiding deadhead mileage.
- Instructs guides, supervises, motivates and evaluates drivers
and driver trainees regarding the daily performance of their
assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable Company
policies and procedures. Makes recommendations to management with
respect to driver's performance.
- Maintains and reviews total and per driver shipping revenues
earned on a daily basis.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationship with
other Company departments and employees, as well as all Company
What YOU Need to Succeed
- 0-1 year of experience in Transportation.
- Customer Service, Detailed Oriented, and Sense of Urgency
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to
The PGT Advantage
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company matched 401k
Let's put your expertise into action, because whether you are
behind the scenes or behind the wheel, it takes a TEAM to keep
America moving! We are PGT. Join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
PGT Trucking Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to
Keywords: PGT Trucking, Fort Smith , Fleet Manager, Other , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!