Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who
deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain
challenges.Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for
top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to
deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven
culture.Currently, we are looking for a Corporate Counselto join
the ArcBestteam. The Corporate Counsel provides general corporate
and transportation law work, including, but not limited to,
reviewing, negotiating, and memorializing customer, vendor, and
other business contracts. This position also requires specialty
legal work and various other assigned projectsYour contribution may
- Proficient with constitutions, statutes, regulations, and case
decisions applicable to transportation and business
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations.
- Review, negotiate, draft, and memorialize contracts.
- Advise business personnel regarding risks and how to minimize
- Collaborate with employees in various departments and
subsidiaries to achieve corporate goals, objectives, and
- Perform duties in a team structure.
- Build productive formal and informal working relationships and
information channels within and across the organization, and within
the transportation industry.
- Address client issues or requests in a timely manner.
- Use time management efficiently to accomplish assigned
- Keep tasks organized and be able to re-prioritize tasks on
short notice to meet business needs.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate level of
focus on each task.
- Exercise discretion in determining what information is relayed
via written or verbal communications; ensure that conversations and
sensitive legal issues take place in confidential setting; and
understands the types of information that constitute "material
non-public information" and ensures such information is safeguarded
and only shared with those who have legitimate need to know.
- Perform all other assigned duties.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.As the Corporate
Counsel, you will be a member of the ArcBest Legalteam. Work hours
are generally8:00 am - 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours
depending on workload and projects.Ready to apply? Before doing so,
please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:Education: Law
degree from an ABA accredited law school.Experience: Minimum, two
years' experience in a corporate law or business-oriented law firm.
Prior litigation experience, preferred.Computer Skills: Proficient
in Microsoft Office Suite.Certifications:State license to practice
law. Preferences:Knowledge of the transportation industry or a
defined area within the transportation industry, and general
business law. If you require accommodation in the application
process, please contact or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal
Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
Keywords: ArcBest, Fort Smith , Corporate Counsel, Legal , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!