Company: College of Charleston
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) has specialized teams who
provide a broad range of differentiated investment solutions to
help our diverse range of clients meet their investment objectives,
including fixed income and multi-asset, private markets, systematic
investing, and ESG. Our clients include intermediaries and
institutional investors such as consultants, insurance companies,
government and pension plans.
We are looking for a lawyer to be part of the EMEA Legal Department
supporting the activities of the Wells Fargo Asset Management
Luxembourg UCITS Management Company and its Branches in Paris and
Frankfurt (ManCo). Working within the EMEA Legal team based in
London, the lawyer will advise on a wide range of legal and
regulatory matters impacting the WFAM Luxembourg fund management
- Advise on legal and regulatory matters impacting the ManCo and
the Wells Fargo (Lux) Worldwide Funds, a Luxembourg domiciled
Undertakings for the Collective Investment in Transferable
Securities (UCITS) and regulation by the Commission de Surveillance
du Secteur Financier in Luxembourg ('CSSF').
- Provide pragmatic and risk assessed guidance to the ManCo and
boards on regulatory obligations, governance, global distribution
and oversight of the UCITS Funds and other Luxembourg domiciled
- Keeping abreast of legal and regulatory developments that may
have implications for business initiatives, strategy and
performance of the ManCo, Funds and WFAM.
- Assisting with regulatory change and other projects to embed
- Provide legal advice and guidance to Product Development,
Distribution and other front office business colleagues, functional
areas and enterprise stakeholders of WFAM, either leading or
supporting initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- Drafting, negotiating and amending client facing and third
party service provider agreements (e.g., distribution agreements,
investment management and internal and external delegation
agreements, fee agreements, etc.)
- Assess legal risk associated with all risk types and develop
strategies for reducing legal risk exposure for the UCITS, ManCo
and the Funds.
- Attend the Conducting Officers and Board meetings and provide
updates on new and ongoing regulatory projects.
- Provide general legal advice relating to the on-going EMEA
activities of WFAM.
- Interact with third-party service providers to WFAM's
international operations. Market Skills and Certifications
- Professional experience working with the Luxembourg fund
industry at a Luxembourg or overseas law firm or as in-house
counsel within a financial services or asset management
- Current practicing certificate in the United Kingdom,
Luxembourg or other overseas equivalent.
- High degree of expertise and practical application of EU and
Luxembourg laws as they relate to UCITS, AIFs and ManCo
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and strong
analytical skills with ability to provide practical advice relating
to complex regulatory matters.
- Collegiate with excellent communication and stakeholder
management skills; and ability to provide constructive challenge to
colleagues and partners.
- Ability to be proactive, solutions driven and flexible to
changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated and result-oriented personality with the
ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working on major regulatory change projects such as
Brexit, SFTR, SFDR, MiFID II, EMIR, etc.
- Fluent in English with a strong proficiency in French and/or
German. We Value Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity
and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome
applications for employment from all qualified candidates,
regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age,
disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all
applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. Team
members support our focus on building strong customer relationships
balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven
culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to
the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for
execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market,
Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which
includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells
Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and
compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and
remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is
emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification
and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate
with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance
program requirements. 66 George Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29424
Keywords: College of Charleston, Fort Smith , lawyer, Legal , London, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!