Software Engineer III, Backend Java
Company: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 21, 2022
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their
internal and external potential. The position is responsible for
development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position
documents programs, develops and implements new features, and
supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various
back end systems supporting the platform and other digital
initiatives. The position applies some advanced programming
techniques and concepts during the solution design and
*$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED NEW HIRES!*
(Must be working directly with a J.B. Hunt Recruiter and not
through a 3rd party to qualify)
- Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development
environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming,
retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and
provide a rich user experience
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt's
standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B.
Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance
and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from
other team members
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit
testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current
or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an
- Helps lead team members in execution and release of builds using
continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD
applications and processes.
- Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using
software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team
goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer
Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign
equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and
training; plus 4 years of experience in Software Development or
Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as:
Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring,
Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular
JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
- In addition to medical, dental, vision, and other standard
benefits like life insurance and matched 401(k), we provide
specialized benefits like adoption assistance, pet insurance,
mental health resources, and gym discounts. We proudly offer five
employee resource groups to help connect and further the cause of
African Americans, Latinos, veterans, women, and LGBTQIA+
employees, as well as weaving inclusion into the fabric of our work
lives through mentoring and training.
- $95,200- $119,000 annually
- Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required),
Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information
Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems
- Engineering, Software Development
**JOB OPENING ID:**
- 00446646 Software Engineer III, Backend Java (Open)
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Fort Smith , Software Engineer III, Backend Java, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!