Hospice Social Worker
Company: HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: September 14, 2019
At Heart of Hospice, we are committed to transforming end of life
care in the communities we serve. This lofty vision inspires us to
uphold the highest standard in hiring a team of compassionate,
caring, and experienced healthcare professionals. Our team delivers
exceptional care to each and every person entrusted to our care.
Our philosophy of care allows us to meet patients where they are,
wherever that may be. It not does not require our patients to give
up hope, or certain treatment options but does allow them to
individualize the plan of care to fit their needs. Our patients and
families allow our team to add footprints to their journey while
providing the best quality care at this special time in their life.
Our vision is not just something we put on the wall, it is
something each of us, regardless of role, are honored to do each
and every day!
We are currently looking for a full-time licensed Social Worker to
join our team and carry out our vision of excellent care in the
Fort Smith and River Valley area.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Social Worker is responsible for
ensuring the social service needs of the patients and caregivers
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and
families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and
environment and communicates findings to the interdisciplinary
group in establishing the plan of care.
- Provides safety assessment in the patient's home setting and
plans interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Provides education and training to the patient and primary care
giver as needed in relationship to stress and other identified
coping difficulties provided in the plan of care.
- Provides information and referral services for organization
patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and
- Provides information and serves as liaison between patients and
families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization
personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private
agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of
care and attends and participates in regularly scheduled
interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding
significant social and emotional factors related to health problems
and death/dying issues.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in discharge planning and in-service programs
related to the needs of the patient.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all policy and
- Maintains compliance by documenting accurately and timely
within the organization's electronic health record.
- Lives the Mission, strives to achieve the Vision and
exemplifies the Core Values of the organization.
- Works toward exceeding chosen Pillar goals in the areas of
Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, Quality Service,
Compliance, Growth and Financial Performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the employee Code of Conduct and
Code of Ethics.
The above statements are intended to be a summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other
than those stated in this description. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A master's degree from a school of social work accredited by
the Council on Social Work Education. LCSW preferred.
- Minimum of one year's experience in health care, hospice
- Documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling
and casework needs of the terminally ill; Hospice experience
Primarily frequent in nature with exerting up to fifty pounds of
force occasionally, and/or up to twenty pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to ten pounds of force constantly to move objects:
reaching, lifting, carrying, handling, walking, sitting, standing,
bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting. Position may
require pushing and pulling up to 300 lbs. Frequent to continuous
speaking, hearing, near visual acuity, far visual acuity, depth
perception, typing and driving.
If you want to be a part of an amazing team that will invest in
you, great benefits, growth opportunities, and have a heart for
people, apply now!
Heart of Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC, Fort Smith , Hospice Social Worker, Healthcare , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!