Medical Records Coder
Company: Valley Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ABOUT VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Valley Behavioral Health offers
the highest quality treatment in the area. Our sub-acute inpatient,
inpatient, and outpatient programs for men, women, and children
provides a safe structure where individuals can focus on healing
themselves and working though their issues. All of our patients
receive an individualized treatment plan that meets their needs and
ensures long lasting recovery. Our goal is to provide individuals
the tools and knowledge they need to live a happy, healthy life.
YOUR JOB AS AN MEDICAL RECORDS CODER: As a Medical Records Coder
you will be responsible for assigning ICD-10-CM diagnostic and
procedural codes to patient accounts. AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS:
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable
schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Shift
hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., allowing you
to enjoy a great work/life balance. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
MEDICAL RECORDS CODER:
- Assign appropriate codes using International Classification of
Disease system (ICD-9) and/or Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
for diagnosis, procedures and services.
- Responsible for correctly coding claims based on the services a
patient receives in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance or
government healthcare programs.
- Read and analyze patient records extracting precise information
from documentation, test results and reports.
- Request diagnosis from physicians when not recorded on
discharge and in cases where information is incomplete.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient care information and
- Inform administrator of any incongruences noted in the chart
- When appropriate clarify diagnosis, conditions and treatment
information by working with the physician according to company
policy and procedure.
- Process physician reports needed to code appropriately and
accurately. BENEFITS: In addition to working for a premier
treatment center with competitive pay, our employees enjoy these
other great benefits:
- Three medical plan levels, dental and vision insurance
- HSA with Company contribution
- FSA, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Discount Program
- Generous PTO, Sick Time, paid holidays and professional
development reimbursement EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate or associate's degree in medical coding or related
- Two or more years' of medical billing/collections/coding
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
Keywords: Valley Behavioral Health, Fort Smith , Medical Records Coder, Healthcare , Barling, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!