Registered Nurse - FT Days
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Day Shift - 7AM - 7PM
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort Smith is a joint venture
partnership betweenKindred Healthcareand Mercy. This brand new
state of the art, 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospitalprovides
care for adultsrecovering from conditions such as stroke,
neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other
debilitating illnesses or injuries. Kindred and Mercy are also
partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City,St. Louisand
With more than 25standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities
(IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation
Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital
systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations
that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring
proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that
benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we
see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of
a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord
injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care
through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention,
and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with
patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
Communicates changes in patient's clinical condition with
Physicians, Chief Nursing Officer, and co-workers as appropriate.
Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the
rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other
members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to
medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the
Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
and complies with appropriate and approved safety
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional
manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing,
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute
care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Fort Smith , Registered Nurse - FT Days, Healthcare , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!