Private Duty Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse - Shady Point, OK - Private Duty
Company: Mays Home Health
Location: Shady Point
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Private Duty Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse - Shady Point,
- Is currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed
vocational nurse in the State. Prefer one year pediatric nursing
experience.-- Community/home health or medical/surgical experience
- Administer medications, take and record vitals/physical
assessment. Work with pediatricians to ensure that proper treatment
is administered at all times. Ensure safety of children at all
times. Provide emotional support to children and families. Assist
child with daily care such as grooming, bathing, toileting. Provide
one on one patient care. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate
skills for communicating with individual ages of those
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental
health.-- Has completed the agency pre-employment health
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little
supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
--SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES--The licensed
practical/vocational nurse furnishes services in accordance with
agency policies, prepares clinical and progress notes, assists the
physician and registered nurse in performing specialized
procedures, prepares equipment and materials for treatments
observing aseptic technique as required; and assists the patient in
learning appropriate self-care techniques. (COP
--484.30(b))--RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES--
- Provides safe home health services to patients/clients and
- Implements plan of care initiated by the RN Clinical Supervisor
in collaboration with the physician. Assists the registered nurse
or physician in carrying out the plan of care.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient/client
care documentation consistent with the plan of care.-- Submits
- Assesses and provides patient/client and family/caregiver
education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care
as established by the registered nurse.-- . Documentation addresses
problems identified in the on going assessment or provides
documentation of rationale for not doing so.-- Documentation
reflects communication and condition of the patient.
- Assists the patient/client and family/caregiver in learning
home nursing procedures, self-care techniques and other care needs
as appropriate to the patient's/client's condition.-- Provides
medication, diet and other instructions as directed by the
registered nurse and ordered by the physician.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and
- Participates in personal professional growth and development.
Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge.--
Participates in In-service programs.-- Participates in Quality
Improvement program of the agency.-- Can verbalize own
responsibilities and activities.
- Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care
--The above statements are intended to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.--WORKING
- Exposure to infectious diseases. Home environment In and out of
- This position has been designated Class I Field staff position
(see Infection/Exposure Control Plan).-- Employees performing Class
I Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure
to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious
materials.-- All Class I Field staff position employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
--CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS--Must meet the required
continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in
Texas as applicable.-- Agency personnel are expected to participate
in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or
required by their immediate supervisor.-- In addition, agency
personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other
educational activities to enhance job related skills and
abilities.-- All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Fort Smith , Private Duty Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse - Shady Point, OK - Private Duty, Healthcare , Shady Point, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!