Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) @ Baptist Health Urgent Care - PRN Position
Company: Urgent Team Management
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Urgent Team is looking for an energetic and compassionate LPN to
join our team in Fort Smith, AR. Flexible availability is
desired.The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect
the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all
inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greeting patients and preparing them for examination or
procedure. Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal
conditions for physician. Instructing patients on collection of any
necessary samples and tests. Obtaining vital signs and escorting
patients to rooms.
- Assisting with the preparation of supplies and equipment and
aiding the physician or mid-level practitioner during treatment,
examination, and testing of patients.
- Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as
directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards.
Observing, recording, and reporting patient's condition and
reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in
a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate. Maintaining
patient files, records, and other information.
- Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments. Arranging
referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when
directed to by the provider.
- Collecting, documenting, and delivering lab specimens and
obtaining lab test results and other reports.
- Notifying patients of test results and follow-up
- Cleaning and restocking exam/treatment rooms between
- Following clinic policies for infection control in handling and
disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Instructing patient and family regarding medications and
treatment and discharge instructions.
- Assisting the provider with physical exams and in preparing for
- Contacting pharmacy to order prescriptions and notifying
- Keeping an accurate and up to date inventory of medications and
monitoring controlled substances.
- Controlling inventory and monitoring the use of supplies.
- Maintaining up to date stock and monitoring and maintaining
- Responding to and screening telephone calls for referral to
nurse or physician. Triaging patients to ensure productive
departmental flowEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A degree from an accredited school of practical nursing is
- Minimum of two years' experience in a hospital or clinic
setting is preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance
with state regulations
- BLS Certification is requiredPlease note, Urgent Team requires
all new team members to be fully-vaccinated with the COVID-19
vaccine at the time of hire, subject to any exemptions granted for
sincerely-held religious belief or medical reasons preventing
vaccination and to the extent Urgent Team can accommodate such
exemption without an undue hardship.
Keywords: Urgent Team Management, Fort Smith , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) @ Baptist Health Urgent Care - PRN Position, Healthcare , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!