Speech Therapist - SLP - $5K Bonus
Company: Fort Smith AR PCA
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: December 2, 2019
The Speech Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to treating
speech and language disorders, and functional training in
communication, swallowing, and cognitive impairments. Based on this
assessment and evaluation, the Speech Therapist works to help
determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well-being, and evaluates the
Elite Home Health, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written
summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Fort Smith AR PCA, Fort Smith , Speech Therapist - SLP - $5K Bonus, Healthcare , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!