Director, Human Resources
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: May 15, 2022
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives.
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water
heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just
the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a
more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires
a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support
experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join
Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for aligning people
strategies with the business objectives of the Air Conditioning
Division (ACD). This position will lead key HR processes including
talent development, performance management, organizational design,
employee engagement, and compensation planning with support from
Global Air HR leader and Enterprise COE's. Acting as the Human
Resources Business Partner for the ACD leadership team, this
position provides strategic leadership on human resources-related
issues to ensure a high-performance culture and effective
management of human capital. This position leads and develops the
HR team that supports the Division.
This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division, located in
Fort Smith, Arkansas.
What You'll Do
- Establish and execute people strategies to enable business
growth and results.
- Partner with ACD leadership as well as other HR partners to
prioritize and execute key initiatives in support of strategic
- Collaborate with the Air HR Lead on organizational Human
Resource strategies including development of initiatives, goals,
and other key performance indicators.
- Partner with business leaders to identify organizational gaps,
and drive to build organizational capability and succession
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on employment initiatives
including recruitment strategy, postings/advertisements, interviews
and selection. This includes drafting job descriptions and
obtaining approvals for recruiting, hiring, and compensation.
- Partner with business leaders to execute organizational rewards
strategy, appropriately budget and manage annual merit planning
process, and drive utilization of rewards and recognition programs.
Ensure all pay practices are equitable and reward superior employee
- Serve as a key member of the site's leadership team -
appropriately challenge, coach, and facilitate effective
development of the team.
- Provide ongoing performance development guidance and coaching
to site leadership and line management regarding talent
acquisition, performance management, development/training and
- Employ coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills to
influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Rheem
values and leadership competencies.
- Work closely with leaders and employees to improve
teamwork/communication, build morale, and increase productivity,
engagement, and retention.
- Complete analysis and action plans necessary to achieve all HR
metrics for the ACD.
- Manage and resolve complex employee and labor relations issues;
conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations for
resolution of employee issues.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws along
with company policy.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned.Job Qualifications
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field
- 10+ years' experience in a Human Resources Generalist
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership role
- Strong ability to influence and coach leaders, including
Director-level functional leaders
- Excellent communications skills (speaking, writing, &
listening) with the ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from regulatory agencies, public groups,
employees, and company leaders
- Broad knowledge of the principles, laws, and regulations
related to the management of human resources (city, state, &
federal employment laws).
- Experience in conflict management and conflict resolution for
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop, manage and conduct training programs.
- Experience in team management and coaching/developing employee
- Proven ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages
with professionalism and poise.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals,
financial reports, and legal documents.
- Highest level of integrity and ability to maintain
- Experience in managing a departmental budget.
- Experience in leading change management.
- Independent thought, good judgment, analytical and
problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others is a
matrix team environment
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant
software such as MS Office Suite.
How To Stand Out
- Master's degree in human resources management or
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with lean/six sigma
- Experience in preparation of Affirmative Action Plans, working
visa acquisitions, and continuous improvement programs
- 8-10 years' experience in a HR leadership role
- Experience in a unionized environment
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will
be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly
reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become
the property of Rheem.
Rheem ACD - Fort Smith (AR)
Air Conditioning Division
Jan 5, 2022, 11:05:21 AM
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Fort Smith , Director, Human Resources, Executive , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!