UK Managing Director
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The position will have 4 VP/Partner level direct reports and be
ultimately responsible for a total headcount of 120 and
The role will hold overall P&L responsibility for the business
in the UK a nd will be responsible for leading, managing and
profitably growing the business, setting the strategy and
delivering on this.
Key responsibilities fall into the following categories, which are
further detailed below:
- Strategy & leadership
- Marketing and comms
- Product & operations Specific Responsibilities:
- Set and execute the overall strategy for the UK business to
continue to deliver growth in revenue and profit for Xaxis
- Align your vision, strategy and execution to that of Xaxis and
GroupM both locally and regionally.
- Work with the UK and regional leadership teams to clarify and
simplify the positioning of the various solutions to maximize
market fit and overall revenue.
- Motivate, inspire and build the team - harnessing the
capabilities of a dynamic and highly-skilled group of senior
executives to ensure that team members have a clear sense of
purpose and direction.
- Continue to foster an internal culture of product innovation &
agile development as a key engine of growth.
- Work with the agencies and Commercial Development director to
continue to develop the business with the GroupM agencies and with
direct clients where relevant.
- Build greater levels of agency engagement by educating agency
CEO's and their teams on the strategic value of Xaxis and putting
this into action;
- Represent the Xaxis overall brand and businesses with the
agencies, clients, GroupM and with the industry.
- Manage the annual, quarterly and monthly budgeting and
reporting process, working closely with local GroupM UK leadership
and regional and global Xaxis leaders. Ensure budgets and forecasts
are accurate, based on a strong understanding of the underlying
risks, business, clients, and cost structure.
Products & Operations
- Work with the Director of Product and Senior Director of
Operations to drive the ongoing evolution of the technology
platform to deliver on the business' requirements.
- Prioritize and communicate the UK needs when it comes to the
underlying global technology platform and products, and ensure that
deliverables are relevant and executable in the UK.
- Develop strong and productive relationships with all internal
and external stakeholders to ensure that client satisfaction is
high and that the needs of the UK in terms of resources and
technology platforms are fulfilled.
- The nature of the WPP, GroupM and Xaxis structure will mean
that the incumbent will need to action all the above points whilst
simultaneously managing the internal stakeholders and political
dynamics of the Group.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate is likely to be an
agency/product business orientated executive with experience from
within ad-tech , performance agency and a deep-rooted appreciation
of the digital advertising market. The individual must be a strong
leader, able to motivate and inspire. Politically-astute , they
will bring exceptional stakeholder management skills, capable of
managing and engaging with multiple stakeholders including agency
CEOs and technology experts. Credible, charismatic and impactful,
the incoming MD will be intellectually very strong and highly
proficient at contending with the complexity that comes with
working in a highly dynamic and innovative space. The ideal
candidate will understand the online advertising arena and will
possess a true grasp of how technology, data and service can be
applied to drive value for clients, and profitable return for the
business. They will be a strong and empathetic leader who can drive
growth and performance balance d with Xaxis ' technological and
commercial priorities. As such, they will be an astute business
leader, commercially-savvy , experience d P&L manager and deep
tech and data competence . Willing to roll up their sleeves, they
will be able to switch quickly between the micro and macro, capable
of being in the detail where necessary whilst possessing the
holistic strategic mindset to be able to spot strategic
opportunities and deliver on these.
Detailed Qualifications :
- An industry veteran, you will have extensive (15+ years)
relevant experience at a senior leadership level within the
advertising / marketing / technology industry.
- While academic qualifications count less than hands-on
experience and results, a college degree or masters (or higher)
will be seen as positive for a role that requires intellectual as
well as interpersonal rigour.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based
- Must have prior experience in a strong mobile / performance /
technology / digital media environment. It is important to have a
good understanding of the value and role of data and technology.
Experience at or with a DSP (Demand Side Platform) or Data
Management Platform would be a plus.
- You will have a proven track record of creating opportunities
and delivering results in a very competitive environment.
- You will have a demonstrate d track record in successfully
managing the operations of fast-growing businesses and proven
delivery of margin / profit to a business - results driven.
- You will have a well-established profile in the industry, be in
a position to confidently represent Xaxis at senior levels within
WPP, GroupM and its agencies
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written / oral
- Understanding and mastery of consultative selling.
- Ability to build, lead and retain high performing teams
- Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies and
- Excellent understanding of agency dynamics and campaign buying
- Firm grasp on the audience and identity data that makes up
audience profiles, online ad targeting, and campaign
- Able to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with
- You will have a proven ability to build and leverage
relationships with senior people in large and small
- Technology and/or Software product management experience would
be a plus. GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view
everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more
than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact
that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we
do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference
and truly represents the global clients we work with. You have been
redirected to a GroupM EMEA job page
Keywords: Xaxis, Fort Smith , UK Managing Director, Executive , London, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!