Vice President, General Manager France
Company: Deciphera Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a commercial biopharmaceutical
company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing
important new medicines to improve the lives of people with cancer.
We are leveraging our proprietary switch-control kinase inhibitor
platform and deep expertise in kinase biology to develop a broad
portfolio of innovative medicines. In addition to advancing
multiple product candidates in clinical studies, QINLOCK--is
Deciphera's first FDA-approved drug, a switch-control kinase
inhibitor for the treatment of fourth-line gastrointestinal stromal
tumor (GIST). QINLOCK, an oral oncolytic, is also approved in
Canada and Australia for the treatment of fourth-line GIST.
--Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company
headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art
research facility is located in Lawrence, Kansas. We offer an
outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional
growth based on our "PATHS" Core Values: - Patients - places the
importance of improving the lives of patients and their caregivers
at the forefront of every day's work. - Accountability - for our
performance and the way we work with coworkers and other
stakeholders. - Transparency - in our intent and actions to both
internal and external stakeholders. - Honesty and Integrity -
fosters trust and strives to deliver on our and the company's
promises. - Stewardship - values and uses wisely the resources and
investments provided to the company. Our Science and Our Pipeline:
Deciphera is developing novel small molecule drug candidates to
improve the lives of cancer patients by addressing key mechanisms
of tumor and drug resistance that limit the effectiveness of many
cancer therapies. Our pipeline of drug candidates is designed to
stop cancers from growing and spreading by inhibiting mutant forms
or over expression of a family of enzymes called kinase. Enabled by
our proprietary kinase switch control inhibitor drug discovery
platform, we have developed kinase switch control inhibitors that
interact at a molecular level in a way that is distinct from other
kinase inhibitors and are designed to generate higher and more
durable rates of response. We have developed a diverse pipeline of
differentiated, wholly owned, orally administered, oncology drug
candidates that includes, among others, our recently approved
product, QINLOCK (ripretinib), a broad-spectrum KIT and PDGFRa
kinase switch control inhibitor is approved for the treatment of
fourth-line GIST. Our follow-on study of ripretinib, the INTRIGUE
study, is a pivotal Phase 3 trial in second-line GIST. We also have
two additional clinical-stage programs for drug candidates DCC-3014
and rebastinib, both immune-oncology (or immunokinase) inhibitors,
targeting the kinases CSF1R and TIE2 respectively. Two
research-stage programs are in the pipeline as well. Position
Summary: The successful candidate will build and lead Deciphera's
local presence in France, lead and execute local pricing and market
access activities, and develop broader local plans for world-class
launches and ongoing success. Reporting to the Senior Vice
President & General Manager, International, this is a unique
opportunity for a strong French market leader to develop something
completely new and play a key role on the broader European
Leadership Team. Key Responsibilities:
- Represent Deciphera in France. Uphold high professional
standards at all times, with respect to the internal organization
- Create and drive a high-performing, dynamic culture by
fostering innovation, customer-focus, personal accountability,
business acumen and a commitment to success.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant legal, regulatory and
compliance requirements, corporate policies and procedures, and
drive this culture in the local organization.
- Recruit, hire, train and retain top talent.
- Build and execute launch plans for Deciphera's products in
France, establishing ambitious revenue growth and profit targets,
coupled to prudent cost management. Maximize the potential of
Deciphera's life-changing portfolio.
- Identify, propose, develop and execute local pricing and market
access (P&MA) strategies that are consistent with European
- Establish strong working relationships with external bodies
(Payors, Policy Makers, Patient Associations, KOLs, etc.).
- Foster an environment of strong cross-functional collaboration,
within the local organization, regionally and globally.
- Identify and champion business development opportunities.
- As Deciphera is now building its European organization, this is
an exceptional and highly visible opportunity for a dynamic General
Manager to build a world class local organization and drive P&L
performance. Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
- The successful candidate should be a dynamic biopharmaceutical
leader, who is able to build something amazing. This person will
have proven abilities as a biopharma commercial leader in France,
perhaps as a General Manager or a Business Unit Leader. S/he will
have led successful product launches, driven revenue growth and
have a strong reputation for excellent cross-functional
collaboration. Specifically, s/he will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA and/or post graduate
- A broad, multicultural cultural awareness, ideally with some
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
strong formal presentation skills. Ability to manage up, across and
- Strong commercial leadership experience in the
biopharmaceutical industry, either as a General/Country Manager, a
BU Lead, or a Sales and Marketing Lead within France.
- A successful track record of overseeing product launches,
within the Oncology or orphan drug arena.
- A thorough understanding of the market access and reimbursement
environment and processes in France, with direct experience
interacting with local health authorities and success in executing
access and reimbursement strategies.
- An ability and appetite to build relationships rapidly with
KOLs and other key external stakeholders.
- Written and oral fluency in French and English; other foreign
language knowledge preferred. Leadership Capabilities:
- Executive presence. Strong leadership qualities with the
ability to attract talent, drive high performance and create a
collaborative culture, fostering open communication, constructive
conflict and organizational flexibility.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candor and
integrity at all times.
- An entrepreneurial and innovative mindset. Ability to manage
though complexity and ambiguity, while focusing on the end
- Self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and
run with it, with exceptional communication, as well as a level of
comfort at working in a high-growth, fast-paced matrix
- Ability to influence across the broader organization.
- A natural tendency to drive business decisions from a
Keywords: Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Fort Smith , Vice President, General Manager France, Executive , Paris, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!