Senior Accounts Payable Operations Manager
Company: Visa, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Senior Accounts Payable Operations Manager
- London, UK
- Full-time Company Description As the world's leader in digital
payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through
the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling
individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced
global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable
payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than
65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to
innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any
device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone,
everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is
applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape
the future of commerce. This role sits in Visa's European
Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting of all
Europe business functions, accounts payable processes, revenue
accounting, and regional statutory reporting. The team is part of
the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance.
This role reports to the AP, Cards and Data Maintenance Director
for Visa Europe in London and will be responsible for Accounts
Payable in Visa Europe. With the implementation of Ariba network
for supplier management, the AP manager will look at opportunities
to optimize the use of the technologies within AP. A critical
element of the role will be managing change and a shift in work
culture by implementing new agile work practices, based on Lean
methodologies, within the AP organization and linking effectively
to the wider E2E processes and stakeholders. Job Description This
role leads the team responsible for invoice processing and
contributing to integration projects of newly acquired businesses
and centralization activities. The ideal candidate will have a
strong understanding of Accounts payable, the ability to work with
cross-functional teams, manage within tight deadlines, exemplify
excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrate exceptional verbal
and written communication skills, and implement processes to
improve operational efficiency, all with a strong sense of
ownership and urgency. Managing relationships
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with third
party providers and internal customers across Visa Europe and
- Partnering with Payments team to share insights, optimize
invoicing processes, and being able to provide cover for
- Establish good relationships with the newly acquired entities
enabling smooth transition of work.
- Collaborating with procurement, operations support and VAT
teams to enhance end to end processes.
- Internal Audit liaison encompassing provision of reporting,
process documentation and implementing action plans to address
compliance deficiencies. Managing Accounts payable team
- Provide leadership to the team with two Accounts Payable
Executives and one Senior AP Specialist as direct reports, ensuring
that all the important tasks are done to a high standard and
compliant to internal and external rules and requirements.
- Responsible for timely recording and resolution of invoice
queries and anomalies with suppliers and internal business.
- Management and control of AP sub-ledger and aged balances.
- Responsible for regular delivery of vendor reconciliation on
key or complex vendors.
- Manage the activities and inputs to ensure the delivery of
monthly accounts and year-end reporting in accordance with
specified timetables and financial controls.
- Focus and reporting on delivering key metrics with improving
measures regarding timely processing and payment of invoices,
including issue resolution and larger problem-solving initiatives.
- Continuous monitoring of process and control effectiveness with
use of scorecards and process control charts.
- Management of Key performance Indicators to ensure service
standards are met and 'Paid on time' metrics improved.
- Develop and implement action plans to manage unresolved issues
and process deficiencies.
- Manages system changes and related change management.
- Hands-on attitude to lead projects related to Accounts Payable,
work with IT and FSS for testing on changes related to
- Initiates systems and process improvements with a Continuous
- Develops and maintains excellent process documentation.
- Proven leadership with the ability to create an environment of
respect, inclusion and care.
- People focused, ensuring team engagement, enablement and
- Advanced skills in listening, coaching and constructive
feedback. Integrations of newly acquired businesses
- Supports integration activities for payables with minimal
disruption to payables and internal stakeholders
- Effectively collaborates with Procurement and other Business
stakeholders, applying E2E process thinking to optimize processes
across the value chain. Qualifications The following experience is
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience (part
qualified accountant beneficial)
- Strong line management/team leader experience
- Demonstrable experience in process improvement with strong
analytical and problem resolution skills, Lean Six Sigma
accreditation preferred (e.g. green belt).
- Analytical with Intermediate/Advanced excel skills focused on
manipulation of large volume data sets
- Project experience of AP/expenses system changes and the
respective change management activities.
- Hands-on work ethic to complete all tasks on time within
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines and perform under
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the
ability to engage, collaborate and influence
- Excellent knowledge of Ariba supplier portal or other sourcing
- Curiosity to learn and a pro-active approach to
self-development Additional Information Visa will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. Senior
Accounts Payable Operations Manager
Keywords: Visa, Inc., Fort Smith , Senior Accounts Payable Operations Manager, Executive , London, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!