Director of Pharmacy
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process.
Director of Pharmacy Fort Smith, Arkansas
Director of Pharmacy Mercy Health--Rehabilitation Hospital - Fort
Smith, AR Kindred Healthcare is excited to announce our newest
Joint Venture Partnership with Mercy Health at Mercy Rehabilitation
Hospital in Fort Smith, AR! This will be a brand new hospital with
50 private rooms. Recently celebrating our groundbreaking, the
anticipated opening will be 2 nd --quarter of 2021.--Kindred will
manage day-to-day operations of Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort
Smith. The new hospital will care for adults recovering from
conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the
brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries.
Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehab hospitals in Oklahoma
City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri. With more than 20
standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a
dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a
partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation
and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both
clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation
management and services expertise that benefits our partners as
well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to
recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions,
including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic
injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma. The
Pharmacy Director is responsible for operational management of the
Pharmacy Department including functioning as the main pharmacist.
The primary function of this position is to manage the department
in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures, goals and
budget of the department. The director incorporates and
demonstrates customer service strategies in order to achieve the
organization's goals. As Pharmacy Director, you would: Job
- Demonstrates administrative responsibilities related to daily
- Develops goals, objectives, policies and procedures for
- Works to improve services provided and assure compliance with
- Keeps leadership informed of operational activities, needs and
- Drives installation and implementation of new services,
procedures and pharmacy automation products.
- Fosters teamwork throughout the organization.
- Develops and executes Performance Improvement Programs
involving pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrates skills in measuring, assessing, and improving
- Encourages professional development of departmental personnel
through in-service education and external education
- Manages the pharmacy team including hiring, training,
scheduling, resolving performance issues, coaching and
- Reviews and approves Technician and Pharmacists schedules prior
to distribution to staff.
- Meets regularly with pharmacy staff regarding pharmacy
- Develops, implements and monitors appropriate staffing plans
based on factors such as acuity and census.
- Coordinates and facilitates the performance reviews within the
organizations recommended time frame using appropriate methods of
assessing staff competence.
- Provides oversight for purchasing and inventory
- Demonstrates understanding of JC Standards, HCFA, CARF and
State Standards and monitors department's compliance.
- May act as a preceptor to pharmacy students or pharmacy
- Provides mentoring for pharmacy students on rotation consistent
with college requirements.
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP
- Verifies physician medication orders with accuracy and
- Monitors and evaluates the six critical processes of medication
management; determines risk points and is an active participant
with physicians and clinical staff in continuous quality and
- Verifies and approves the work of Pharmacy Technician(s).
- Responsible for the management and utilization of the
computerized pharmacy system.
- Orders and stores medications, keeping them safe and
- Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness and promotes/
evaluates rational drug therapy that improves pharmaceutical care.
Performs anticoagulant monitoring.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides information to the medical staff and administration
regarding the cost effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- Works with physicians, specialists and other clinicians to
implement appropriate guidelines and protocols for drug use based
on evidence based medicine, national guidelines, and literature
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians, and other
pharmacists to ensure current information on drug therapy.
- Provides specialized services to assist nursing and patients
manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma,
- Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient
- Provides and documents clinical interventions, therapy
recommendations and other clinical activities according to
department policy and procedure in order to maintain accurate and
complete patient records
- Participates in the Medication Reconciliation activities of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Pharmacy required, PharmD and/or MBA/MS (or equivalent
- Must hold a current state license to practice pharmacy
- Minimum five years' experience in hospital pharmacy is
- Demonstrated management/leadership skills and/or program
management If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click
Here What makes you want to come to work each day at Kindred? 0:56
Everybody wants an opportunity to make a difference on a day-to=---
Benefits & Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable compensation
and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain,
and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include
bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond. Healthcare We
offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan
options. 401(k) Plan Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars
through payroll deduction. Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is
important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off
program. Wellness Program We offer tools, resources and support for
weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall
healthier choices. Community Community involvement is consistent
with our company's principles and with our mission of customer
service and quality care. You have high standards. So do we. Find
your future with Kindred, the country's largest provider of
post-acute care. A career here will allow you to learn, thrive and
grow in a positive and supportive environment where your input
matters. Join us and see all that you can accomplish when you
combine your talent, skills and dedication with a highly successful
and compassionate healthcare leader. Get the latest job openings
based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters Share some preliminary info about
yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Fort Smith , Director of Pharmacy, Executive , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!