Senior Project Engineer - Air Movers
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: August 7, 2022
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives.
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water
heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just
the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a
more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires
a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support
experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join
Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact
The Senior Project Engineer - Air Movers will be responsible for
blower design and development activities for Residential HVAC
products. As a member of the product engineering team, will have to
perform, lead and coordinate activities related to system and
component modeling, simulation, design, prototyping, testing and
analysis, and all other engineering activities from concept through
product launch as well as take part in cost improvement and product
maintenance activities. This position supports design of
residential air conditioning and heating products
This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division, located in
Fort Smith, AR.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:.
- Conduct detailed airflow analysis with a focus of impact of new
designs on heat transfer of gas and AC indoor coils with the goal
of lowering watts per CFM. This position focuses on current and new
products using analytical methods, in-house design tools/software
and other commercial software.
- Conduct necessary background research, modeling, analysis and
testing of various design options in support of new technology
development and new product development projects.
- Create specifications for airflow requirements applicable to
Rheem products, including gas furnaces, air handlers, rooftop units
and the like.
- Create airflow technology solutions in conjunction with
suppliers that have Rheem's product roadmap goals as a focus.
- Actively engage with vendors of various components and
sub-systems in order to successfully develop new technology,
components and product through active collaboration, specification,
review, testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- Create reports and presentations on technology, product and
project activities periodically and as required.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and exploits
these through design modifications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Rheem's product, design,
engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the air flow application space
within Rheem products and limits of function for customer
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Rheem's and competitive products
and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology
- Other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace
- 5+ years of product design/testing/service as relates to air
movers and heat transfer analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in application of thermo-fluid
modeling, analysis, design and development of products and
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in working in product development
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including
statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting
experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and
preparing summary reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures,
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in all business related
software packages (e.g. MS Office), as well as experience with
specific applications and programs related to design engineering
(i.e., Creo, Solidworks, Pro/E, etc). Familiarity and/or experience
with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software such as
- Working knowledge of project management, materials,
manufacturing processes and business processes.
- Working knowledge of new product and technology development
How To Stand Out
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace
Engineering. Particular specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or
- Experience with design, testing and analysis of HVAC&R
blower system designs and performance modeling
- Experience in varibale speed constant CFM and constant torque
fractional HP motor designs.
- Experience forward curve, backward incline, vane axial blower
- Experience with application of commercial and in-house
thermal-fluids systems modeling and analysis tools.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will
be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly
reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become
the property of Rheem.
Rheem ACD - Fort Smith (AR)
Engineering & Science
Air Conditioning Division
Apr 14, 2022, 6:27:06 PM
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Fort Smith , Senior Project Engineer - Air Movers, Engineering , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!