Project Engineer II - Sustaining Engineering (Hybrid)
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: August 7, 2022
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives.
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water
heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just
the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a
more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires
a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support
experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join
Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact
The Project Engineer II - Sustaining is responsible for managing
all aspects of project assignments using the Product Development
Process (PDP) as a guide to achieve project objectives for
sustaining engineering product development projects. Responsible
for product maintenance, cost improvement, quality improvement and
similar projects. Directs and coordinates a project team in the
planning, organization, implementation, and completion of
engineering project assignments.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith,
Arkansas. This is a hybrid position, which requires some in-office
work while maintaining some flexibilty to work from home. Specific
information can be provided during the interview process. This
position is required to be located in Fort Smith, AR.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for design and the full product-life cycle.
- Reviews project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Creates, evaluates, and approves design changes,
specifications, and drawing releases.
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project progress.
- Acts as liaison with department contacts to gain input and
effectively communicates project status.
- Provides detailed test programs and guidance to assigned lab
and design personnel in the conductance and documentation of
product specific test standards. Evaluates data and makes
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering
principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements,
and related specifications.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean
and safe environment.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of latest manufacturing
technologies, techniques, and practices.
- Other duties as assignedJob Qualifications
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or
- 3+ years' experience in hands-on product design/testing/service
of engineered products
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant
software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team
- Must have good mathematical and electro-mechanical skills.
- Aptitude for creativity
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, six sigma, Design
for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), AutoCAD, Pro-E, PLC's
How To Stand Out
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or
- Experience with thermodynamics and/or heat transfer
- Experience in hands-on product design/testing/service of HVAC,
refrigeration and/or electric or gas products such as
- Experience with Pro-E
- Experience dealing with UL, CSA, and European compliance
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will
be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly
reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become
the property of Rheem.
Rheem ACD - Fort Smith (AR)
Engineering & Science
Air Conditioning Division
Jun 14, 2022, 3:13:14 PM
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Fort Smith , Project Engineer II - Sustaining Engineering (Hybrid), Engineering , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!