Company: ArcBest Technologies
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: August 7, 2022
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who
deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain
challenges.ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops
and supports applications to provide innovative technology
solutions for business challenges.Wanting to join the ArcBest
Technologies family? In our search for top talent, we are looking
for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and
fully support our values-driven culture.Currently, we are looking
for a Mechatronics Engineer I to join the ArcBest Technologies
team. The Mechatronics Engineer I is a pioneer in a job of the
future by developing rapid and safe deployment of industrial
vehicles from a hardware and safety perspective. This position
strives to solve business problems using innovation modeling,
mathematical modeling, engineering principals, Automation/Robotics,
Lean Six Sigma, computer programming, business knowledge, or other
advanced analytical skills. The Mechatronics Engineer I acquires
team resources and coordinates team efforts to deliver results on
projects/processes that are part of the strategic plan for ArcBest
and its subsidiaries. This position provides clear and concise
project definition, scope, action plans, and communication as well
as develops solutions designed to meet project goals while ensuring
quality throughout processes.Your contribution may include:
- Design, develop, and enhance electro-mechanical systems and
- Create Automated Systems and collaborate with the Software Team
to control them.
- Program vehicle controllers using various tools and
- Use CAD software like SolidWorks to model electro-mechanical
- Create and troubleshoot electrical schematics.
- Monitor failure modes from the field deployments and work on
quality improvements through the product lifecycle.
- Conduct research, document findings, and present reports at
- Identify areas of weakness in the production line or finished
products and make recommendations for improvement.
- Understand problems or client briefs and develop solutions that
- Select the required tools and materials for the manufacturing
- Attend workshops, training sessions, and conferences to network
with others and stay on top of field advancements.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.As a Mechatronics
Engineer I, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies
Technology Research and Development team in Fort Smith, AR. Your
hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with
irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.Ready to
apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum
requirements:Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics
Engineering or similar field of study, preferred.Experience: Prior
experience in in mechanical and electrical engineering,
preferred.Computer Skills: Experience in leading 3D modeling
systems preferred. Controller programming, required. Strong systems
analysis and design skills.If you require accommodation in the
application process, please contact email@example.com or call us at
(479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including
Keywords: ArcBest Technologies, Fort Smith , Mechatronics Engineer, Engineering , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!