Company: ABB Group
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Quality EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global
team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry
to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have
the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all
dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations.
Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of
us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates
individual differences.The Quality Engineer will provides overall
quality support for customers, manufacturing, and engineering to
increase customer satisfaction, decrease warranty and scrap cost
and improve overall product quality within Motion Business Area in
Fort Smith, Arkansas.Interact with other departments to efficiently
meet customer needs. Supports the Production Staff by utilizing
Lean Principles to develop/improve processes that meet quality
standards and customer demandsThis position reports toQuality
- Assist in the development of new product lines and
- Lead employee teams for process improvement using Lean and Six
- Support Tier 1, 2, 3 and Functional meetings to help drive
improvement on production floor.
- Assist in improvement of operator training in areas including
machining, winding and assembly as needed.
- Assist in developing Standard Work, Work Instructions and
Critical Parameters as needed.
- Ensure independently, compliance with our processes, standards,
and best practices.
- Communicate with employees to gain ideas and resolve problems
to improve processes, quality, and safety.
- Place safety in the workplace above all else and ensure that
safety concerns receive the highest priority.
- Be able to complete Gauge R&R and machine capability
- Work with all other departments, supervisors, and managers to
solve problems and accomplish company and plant goals.
- Develop and manage productivity improvement projects within
cross functional teams.
- Engineering change implementation
- Ability to interpret drawing and schematics using geometric
- Must help in preventative action planning using root cause
analysis and corrective action when needed.
- Provide direction, training, and leadership to staff
- Work any overtime and weekends as needed.
- Travel as needed to customer locations - 10-15%
- Your background
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field is required.
Manufacturing experience with a background in machining, winding
and assembly processes - preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of electric motors and components, with
emphasis on machining - preferred.
- Strong knowledge of BUS/SAP a plus.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification & Lean Flex Flow
Certification - preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and Knowledge of Statistical
Process Control (SPC) - preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to acquire ASQ Certification (2
- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit
them to work for ABB in the USA
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing programMore about usABB's NEMA Motors Division
markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading
Baldor-Reliance - brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global
manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to
reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face.
Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and
processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific
solutions perform as expected, every time.We look forward to
receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB,
take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status.
For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant,
please visit the following
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Fort Smith , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!