Firmware Engineer - Bare Conductive Ltd
Company: Adafruit Industries
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Are you a creative Firmware Engineer keen to get involved in
shaping a growing business? Bare Conductive is looking for a
strategic thinker who is passionate about their work and keen to
learn. Someone who thrives on creating new products and processes,
while working with an enthusiastic team of engineers and designers
to add intelligence to the world around us. You'll be working
directly with individual developers and some of the world's largest
companies. We are at a critical point in our evolution and moving
on to the next exciting chapter and that's where you come in. About
Bare Conductive is a dynamic and quickly growing company. We have
an energetic team which excels in responding to new opportunities
and isn't afraid to challenge the status quo; if there is a better
way of doing something, we find it. If we don't find it, we create
it ourselves. Our technology can make the surfaces or spaces where
we live, work, and travel safer, healthier and more extraordinary.
At Bare Conductive we envision a world of smart surfaces enabled
through a technology stack that includes materials, hardware,
firmware and software. We've sold hundreds of thousands of products
to engineers, designers and developers around the world and are
licensing our technology to global innovators and industrial
- Design, implementation, test and maintenance of firmware and
bootloaders on new and existing products using predominantly ARM
- Developing and maintaining automated production test procedures
(ATE) in collaboration with the Electronic Engineering
- Designing, developing, testing and debugging GUI and terminal
software on Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Interfacing with Electronic Engineering and Industrial Design
departments during all phases of the design process.
- Providing postproduction support.
- Bring-up, validation and integration of new product designs
(including designing tests to achieve this).
- Contributing to major component selection on new products.
- Using standard lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic
analysers and multimeters to verify design functionality.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Maintaining a strong awareness of emerging trends in firmware
engineering to drive strategic choices.
- Driving the long-term development strategy of the company,
including toolchains, code style, best practices and future
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic
Engineering, Electronic and Information Engineering, Mathematics,
Physics or a similar technical subject.
- 5+ years of industrial experience in embedded firmware
- Expert knowledge of C & C++ programming in an embedded
- Expertise in using Git for revision control.
- Familiarity with wired protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN, USB,
- Familiarity with wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi,
- Comfortable working in Mac OS, Linux and Windows
- Experience with board bring-up of PCBs with programmable
devices such as MCUs.
- Working knowledge of circuit board design, reading of PCB
schematics and component datasheets.
- Taking ownership of our firmware and software development,
including internal advocacy for this. A willingness to be an
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- We're looking for a team player who enjoys working
collaboratively, while maintaining the ability to self-direct and
- You should be comfortable building relationships with third
party clients and suppliers, as well as communicating technical
concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- We'll expect you to manage project deadlines and communicate
effectively with the rest of the team.
- A natural problem solver, you'll be analytical and data-led,
with a love for detail and ability to keep an eye on the bigger
picture. Please apply even if you feel you only match 60% of this
job description. Culture and attitude are as important to us as
skills, so we want to interview a diverse pool of candidates
- Work alongside an exceptional multidisciplinary team
- Competitive salary and employee share scheme, with annual
- 20 days of paid holiday leave, 8 days off for UK public
holidays, plus an additional break during Christmas shut-down
- Flexible working. 12 days remote working a year
- Travel loans. The company is happy to offer interest-free loans
for season ticket holders who are traveling in by train
- Maternity/Paternity pay. We've doubled the statutory
requirements for pay and work hard to facilitate the transition to
maternity/paternity leave, and back into work.
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Pets at work. We have some fantastic canine colleagues who make
work more fun and less stressful
- Team lunch provided on birthdays - and a personalised
- Unlimited access to office BBQ Only registered members can
apply for jobs.
Keywords: Adafruit Industries, Fort Smith , Firmware Engineer - Bare Conductive Ltd, Engineering , London, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!