Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Owens Corning
Location: Fort Smith
Posted on: September 17, 2020
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece
of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a
market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500--.
Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across
our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and
products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an
inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A
holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization
as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully
recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and
safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make
an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all
levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride
within each employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses;
global in scope - human in scale.
The Owens Corning Fort Smith Plant is seeking an Electrical
Controls Engineer. This position contributes to the success of the
Fort Smith plant by providing controls, network, and automation
support for the plant. Automation/ Engineer will also lead
automation capital projects for the site, achieving stated results
on time and within budget. In addition, this position will be part
of and help lead TPM continuous improvement efforts through the
Early Management pillar as well as supporting the operations
department Autonomous Maintenance teams. The primary
accountabilities of this position are ensuring the safe operation
of the Fort Smith Plant manufacturing assets.
Reports to: Maintenance and Reliability Leader
Span of Control: External Reliability Resources
- Provide electrical, controls and automation support to
Automation projects, plant process, packaging and utility
- Support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in system and
equipment troubleshooting and in technology transfer
- Reliability Champion for Motor Circuit Analysis and
Thermography PdM programs.
- Assist Corporate Engineering and Plant engineering with
- Lead Automation capital projects for the facility
- Provide technical support to all operating and maintenance
departments to help trouble shoot and diagnose issues related to
PLC and HMI programs.
- Train maintenance technicians and operators on new technology
to allow proper maintenance and trouble shooting
- Enhance maintenance processes through equipment and systems
analysis to identify opportunities for equipment or process
modification, equipment replacement, or application of new
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives
involving waste minimization, productivity improvements and other
process optimization opportunities through an active partnership
with the sites maintenance and operation teams
- Support Break Down Analysis process and create One Point
Lessons to support knowledge transfer
- Develop, implement and monitor automation and control
strategies and system architecture for the facility.
- Review designs by others, and to ensure adherence to strategies
and Owens Corning specifications
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, regulations, procedures,
training, and initiatives
- Support and adhere to Reliability Work Process (RWP).
- Support and lead Plant TPM Initiatives and Projects
- Ensure adherence to management of change process.
- Strong safety awareness, commitment, and safety leadership
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
training, knowledge, and experience
- 3+ years automation and control engineering experience in a
plant, corporate engineering or related experience in a
- Electrical and Controls Design Engineering experience
- Project scheduling skills
- Developer (mentor, coach, guide)
- General knowledge of control systems and design
- General knowledge of TPM and maintenance processes
- Strong knowledge of PLC based controls and HMI applications
(Siemens & Allen-Bradley)
- Knowledge of practical application of OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI
- Leadership (effectively present information/respond to
- Values (integrity, accountability, candor and innovation)
- Communicator (explainer, good listener)
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Strategist (well organized, prioritizes)
- AC and DC motor and drive systems, Siemens and
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, or holidays when
operating situations require.
- Equipment evaluation and selection experience
- Knowledgeable in process controls and facility electrical
- Strong programming and troubleshooting of control systems.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Data Historian experience (Ignition and/or IP21 platforms)
- Upgrading control systems (PLCs and HMIs) to current
- Working Knowledge of Wonderware
- 480v-24v Circuits
- TPM training or exposure is desirable.
Keywords: Owens Corning, Fort Smith , Electrical Controls Engineer, Engineering , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!