Head of Motor Claims
Company: Verisk Analytics, Inc.
Posted on: February 26, 2021
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed judgements. Our global team uses AI,
machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to
collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced
decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In
addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters
such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues. But
why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger. It's the
reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability
initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent
of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program
for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time
away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we
identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our
customers' problems. At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk
and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.-- At
Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your
career.---We have received the Great Place to Work-- Certification
for the--fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized
by--Forbes--as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for
Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we
place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on
Racial Equity and Diversity --supports our commitment to these
values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities
where we live and work. Job Description The Head of Motor Claims
holds full responsibility for Verisk's European Motor Claims
products and services delivered to customers across the UK and EU.
The incumbent also holds accountability for the performance of the
Motor Claims business line, ensuring Verisk's corporate goals are
met. The Head of Motor Claims is accountable to the Europe Claims
Leadership and Executive team and will work closely with internal
staff and managers, with external stakeholders and Verisk clients.
The Head of Motor Claims, a champion of delivery and customer
service, is fully accountable for all of Verisk's motor product and
services. Responsibilities include:-- Customer Experience--
- Operate in a market facing capacity including Senior customer
meetings and events, conferences and speaking engagements (both
in-person and virtual).
- Maintain strong understanding of up to date market level
- Understand individual customer strategies and create own
- Responsible for Verisk's motor products and services delivered
to our customers.
- Create and maintain relationships with customers and prospects
- at Claims Director level, or as senior level as possible - to
keep the customer thinking of Verisk and giving them the ability to
communicate with the Verisk organisation.--
- Develop communication channels for clients to encourage regular
interaction with the Verisk organisation.
- On-board new customers in a timely fashion and ensure that new
contracts turn into revenue quickly.
- Co-ordinate and host frequent stakeholder meetings to provide
updates as necessary.
- Provide Senior level direction and guidance to Sales/Business
Development Teams, including areas such as contractual terms and
pricing. Process Improvement--
- Development and management of continuous improvement plans
based on Verisk's Voice of the Customer principles.--
- Increase the visibility and interest internally in continuous
improvement plans for Motor Claims solutions.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide
solutions to ensure business survival and growth.
- Work with the Information Technology team to ensure that
applications are performing as expected and that we are meeting
customer SLA's. Recommend enhancements to existing applications to
meet customer demand.
- Develop the Motor strategic plans to ensure continued long-term
growth, profitability and fit with the Verisk Claims and overall
Claims International and Verisk Claims strategic plans.
- Actively contribute to the overall strategy as set by the
Verisk Claims International Leadership Team.
- Responsible for bringing new products to market in addition to
driving innovation efforts and improvements on existing
- Proactively explore opportunities in adjacent vertical markets
in conjunction with the Customer and Product Strategy
- Actively contribute to the overall strategy as set by the
Verisk Claims International Leadership Team and Claims Executive
- Ownership of the Network Promoter Score (NPS) for the PI Claims
- Line management of the Product Team(s).
- Responsible for business unit performance and delivering the
P&L results required to meet the groups growth strategy and
- Manage operations within the expense budget assigned at the
beginning of each fiscal year and subsequent reforecasts.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Product Management and key
customer contacts to ensure monthly revenue attainment.
- Work with Finance and Product Management to develop/amend
annual operating / business unit plans and budgets to meet
corporate defined goals and objectives. These plans include the
expense management of multiple functions including: Project
Management, Lean Six Sigma, Account Management / Customer Service,
Technical Support, Implementation, Quality Assurance, and
Operational Analytics and IT teams / departments. Management--
- Responsible for the supervision, management, development and
overall performance of the product team(s).
- Engage directly with the providers of central services to
ensure service, development, infrastructure, security and
compliance requirements are met for the Motor business line.
- Work with the leads of the central teams to refine and assist
in the improvement of those central services to the Motor business
- Maintain regular dialogue with the leads of the central
services to ensure any matters requiring resolution escalation are
dealt with swiftly and for the benefit of the Motor business line
and Verisk more widely. Compliance and Governance--
- Ensure the Verisk Security Management and Compliance program is
applied rigorously to the Motor Claims business consistent with the
other claims' businesses and company as a whole.
- Apply a risk-based approach to strategy.
- Proactively identify and mitigate operational risk with the
support of the central team.
- Comply with requests from the central teams to complete/respond
to requests for information/documentation/input by the required
dates and liaise with those teams about upcoming compliance/audit
issues so that resources can be allocated accordingly.
Qualifications Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- European Motor Claims Insurance experience and knowledge is a
- Knowledge of decision support systems, preferably within the
insurance industry and preferably within Motor Claims.
- Significant domain expertise in Motor Claims at market
- Significant experience in operations management, supporting
customers in the insurance industry, demonstrating regular
interaction with senior internal and external operational level
management is required.
- Client service oriented.
- Experience in managing different functional teams and staff,
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and exercise
- Able to create and implement strategic plans and product
roadmaps, in line with Corporate objectives.
- Tenacious with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to develop and implement business solutions.
- Big picture thinking - able to zoom in and out as
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience highly desirable.--
Additional Information Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity
employer. All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies
are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or
expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or
disability. Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including
unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax
machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be
considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any
placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
Keywords: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Fort Smith , Head of Motor Claims, Accounting, Auditing , London, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!